Hello my friends to the June edition of the Science Behind the Sci-Fi newsletter!! We’ve been hard at work trying to get things moving forward and we have great news! Next month we’ll be resuming our monthly Science Behind the Sci-Fi Panels, and this time we’re moving to video! Check it out!
II: Science Behind the Sci-Fi
Great news! On Sunday, July 13th, we’ll be hosting our first video Science Behind the Sci-Fi Panel! The topic this time will be, “Looking Back to Look Forward: The Past, Present, and Future of Space Exploration”! On tap we have the following:
- Amy Teitel – Spaceflight Historian & Blogger at Popular Science
- Linda McNeil – Executive Director, Federation of Galaxy Explorers (FoGE)
- Michael Paul – Mission Director, The Penn State Lunar Lion
- And Other Guests!
III: Fun Science News!
There’s been some fun sciencey spacey news in the last month to read, such as:
- Think You Could Last a Year on Mars? Ask Curiosity!!
- Space X’s Falcon 9 Had its Engine Light Come On…
- Titan’s Summer Preparations Don’t Involve Sunscreen…
That’s it for now folks. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know. Thanks for reading, and we’ll be back soon with more info on the Science Behind the Sci-Fi panels.